- Teaching fellows to independently provide current, high-quality comprehensive diagnosis, case management, treatment, and genetic counseling for patients and their families with or at risk for genetic and possibly genetic disorders and birth defects.
- Expanding fellow knowledge about the above conditions including pathophysiology, etiology, mechanism, differential diagnosis testing, therapeutic modalities, community resources, and the impact of conditions upon families.
- Guiding fellows in obtaining current information on genetics and genetic disorders with the goal of instilling a love of scientific inquiry and lifetime learning.
- Preparing fellows to function as leaders of a medical genetics team, to work collaboratively with other health care providers, to develop a sense of professionalism, and to cultivate ethical behavior.
- Increasing fellow ability to function as an educator about genetics at all levels.
- Enabling fellows to evaluate critically scientific investigation and to develop a clinical or basic research interest of their own.
MEDICAL GENETICS FELLOW BLOCK SCHEDULE YEAR ONE
MEDICAL GENETICS FELLOW BLOCK SCHEDULE YEAR TWO
Show additional content areas below