Administrative Assistant: 858-249-1703
Kirsten Limmer MD PhD is a board certified pediatrician and newborn hospitalist. Dr Limmer feels that it is an honor and privilege to play an integral role in the postpartum period: a special and emotionally charged time in a family's life. She especially enjoys helping parents transition into their new roles and feels that it is a unique responsibility to often be the very first physician to examine a baby. Dr Limmer also enjoys teaching new interns and medical students the practical skills and evidence-based medicine of newborn pediatrics.
Dr Limmer completed her residency at the Massachusetts General Hospital and earned a medical degree and PhD in Molecular Biology from UCSD.
- Undergraduate Education: Bachelor of Science, Genetics at the University of British Columbia
- Medical Education: University of California San Diego
- Graduate Education: PhD in Molecular Biology at the University of California San Diego
- Residency Training: Massachusetts General Hospital
Areas of Interest
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Li M, Kao E, Gao X, Sandig H, Limmer K, Pavon-Eternos M, Jones TE, Landry S, Pan T, Weitzman MD, David M. Codon-usage-based inhibition of HIV protein synthesis by human schlafen 11. Nature 2012
- Chiang CY, Veckman V, Limmer K, David M. Phospholipase Cγ-2 and intracellular calcium are required for lipopolyscaccharide-induced Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) endocytosis and interferon regulatory factor 3 (IRF3) activation. J Biol Chem 2012
- Bonnizzi G, Bebien M, Otero DC, Vroom (Limmer) K, Cao Y, Vu D, Jegga A, Aronow B, Ghosh VG, Rickert RC, Karin M. Selective Activation of IKKalpha Target Genes Depends on Recognition of Specialized kappaB Binding Sites by RelB:p52 Dimers. EMBO J. 2004
- Harvard Medical School & Massachusetts General Hospital Grand Rounds, Case study of an enteric duplication cyst in the NICU. Oral presentation
- North Shore Medical Center Grand Rounds, Post-infectious Glomerular Nephritis. Oral presentation.
- North Shore Medical Center Grand Rounds. Pediatric Ingestion. Oral presentation.
- Thesis Defense, UCSD. Mechanisms of Regulation in the Interferon Regulatory Factor 3 Pathway. Oral presentation.
- Cell Growth and Regulation Conference San Diego. Regulation of Schlafen protein anti-proliferative activity by type I Interferon. Oral presentation.
- Biology Research Symposium UCSD. Regulation of Schlafen protein anti-proliferative activity by type Interferon. Poster presentation.
- Biology Research Symposium, Lake Arrowhead. Mechanisms of B. thuringiensis toxin resistance in C. elegans. Poster presentation