Administrative Assistant: 858-246-0046
Nancy R. Graff is Clinical Professor at UC San Diego Department of Pediatrics, in the Division of Academic General Pediatrics, Child Development & Community Health. Dr. Graff provides care for a diverse population of children and their families at the UCSD Pediatric Associates Clinic. She enjoys forming a lifelong bond from infancy to young adulthood with her patients. Additionally, Dr. Graff has a strong history in caring for children victimized by violence and abuse, and particularly enjoys caring for foster children and their families
- Undergraduate Education: Bachelor of Arts, Biology, University of California, San Diego
- Medical Degree: University of California, San Diego
- Residency: Pediatrics, Harbor UCLA Medical Center
- Fellowship: General and Community Pediatrics Fellowship, University of California, San Diego
- Special Certifications:
- Board Certified-General Pediatrics
- Board Certified-American Board of Pediatrics
Areas of Interest
- Training of residents in Community Pediatrics and Advocacy
- Legislative Advocacy to improve the lives of children
- Training of residents and medical students in the care of diverse populations
- Preventing exposure of children to tobacco
- Coordinator for Continuity Clinic training for 46 UCSD Pediatric Residents
- Hispanic Center of Excellence, HRSA Grant No. D34HP31027, "Longitudinal Cultural Competency Curriculum in the UCSD School of Medicine"
- Legislative Advocacy training for pediatric residents
- LJ Chamberlain, S Wu, G Lewis, N Graff, J Javier, JSR Park, CL Johnson, SD Woods, M Patel, D Wong, GS Blaschke, M Lerner, A Kuo, "A Multi-Institutional Medical Education Collaborative: Advocacy Training in California Pediatric Residency Programs. Academic Medicine 88(3): 314-321, 2013.
- Ferri's Clinical Advisor: Instant Diagnosis and Treatment. Elsevier Mosby, "Child Abuse" Annual Chapter 2006-2015
- Coordinator, Annual California Collaborative Resident Legislative Advocacy Program, Sacramento, CA 2009-present
- Faculty, American Academy of Pediatrics Legislative Conference, Washington, DC, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Nuyen B, Scholz R, Hernandez R, Graff N, "LGBT Health Immersion Day: Measuring the Impact of an LGBT Health Education Intervention." Poster Presentation, Western Medical Student Research Forum, Carmel, California, 2013
- Willies-Jacobo L, Hernandez R, Silva F, Graff N, "Creating Caring Attitudes Towards the Invisible Minority: Addressing LGBT Health in the Academic Curriculum." AAMC West 2013 WGEA Conference (Small Group Discussion)
- Program Director for Pediatricians and Communities Collaborating Together. This includes directing a month-long block rotation in Community Pediatrics for Pediatric Residents. It also includes other activities to expose residents to different cultures including ½ day immersion experiences, film night and theater night.
- Teaching of residents and medical students in outpatient pediatric care at UCSD Pediatric Associates.
- Continuity clinic preceptor since 1992
- American Academy of Pediatrics, National Committee on State Government Affairs, 2012-present
- Faculty, American Academy of Pediatrics Legislative Conference, 2014, 2016, 2017
- American Academy of Pediatrics, California Chapter 3, State Government Affairs Representative, 2007-present
- Core Curriculum Committee, Department of Pediatrics
- Education Committee, Academic General Pediatrics
- Intern Recruitment, Department of Pediatrics
- EPIC Optimization Committee, Academic General Pediatrics