The Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition Division meets weekly for the following educational conferences:
- Journal Club – Current literature updates to ensure up-to-date knowledge and awareness of relevant clinical treatment and research topics.
- Case Conference – Case presentation with accompanying relevant literature review and evidence-based practice guidelines
- Pathology Rounds – This conference reviews current pathology on patients, discusses challenging diagnostic issues, and reviews relevant new literature.
- Morbidity & Mortality – This forum provides opportunities to review problems and challenges which may arise from clinical care of GI patients.
- Research Conference – Our faculty members and fellows are engaged in a wide variety of clinical and basic science research. In this forum, current advances in research can be shared and ideas exchanged.
- Joint GI-Surgery Conference – This forum brings together the divisions of pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology, and nutrition and pediatric surgery to discuss overlap cases and to develop practice protocols to ensure quality care.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease Conference – This conference reviews topics related to the management and care of inflammatory bowel disease patients and reviews the latest and up to date research in the field.
- Didactic Seminar – Bimonthly intensive review and teaching on pediatrics gastroenterology, hepatology, and nutrition topics are provided to the fellows by the faculty and invited speakers who are experts in their field.