Nanda Ramchandar, MD
nanda ramchandar, MD
Academic Appointment: Volunteer Faculty, UCSD Pediatrics Division of Infectious Diseases
Clinical focus: Infectious Disease, Pediatrics
Undergraduate: United States Naval Academy, 2009
Medical School: Tulane University, 2013
Residency: Naval Medical Center San Diego 2016
Fellowship: University of California San Diego 2021
- IDWeek (IDSA, PIDS) Trainee Award, 2020
- UCSD/Rady Children’s Hospital Pediatric Fellow of the Year, 2019
- USU Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton Pediatrics “Teacher of the Year”, 2017
- NMCSD NICU Resident of the year, 2016
- Charles B. Davis Award (recognition of “resident as a teacher”), 2015
- Gold Humanism in Medicine Honor Society, 2013
Dr. Ramchandar’s research has focused on the clinical use of metagenomic next-generation sequencing (mNGS) for children with infections. He has examined use of mNGS in pediatric bone and joint infections and in central nervous system infections. He has also examined clinical use of plasma mNGS in a variety of pediatric infectious disease conditions.
- John Strutner, Nanda Ramchandar, Shruti Dubey, Mary Gamboa, Michelle K Vanderpool, Teresa Mueller, Wei Wang, Christopher Cannavino, Leidy Tovar Padua, Denise Malicki, Alice Pong, Comparison of Reverse-Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction Cycle Threshold Values From Respiratory Specimens in Symptomatic and Asymptomatic Children With Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Infection, Clinical Infectious Diseases, 2021;, ciab120, https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/ciab120
- Nanda Ramchandar, et al. “Metagenomic Next-Generation Sequencing for Pathogen Detection and Transcriptomic Analysis in Pediatric Central Nervous System Infections.” Open Forum Infectious Diseases, 2021; ofab104, https://doi.org/10.1093/ofid/ofab104
- Julianne Wilke, Nanda Ramchandar, Christopher Cannavino, et al. Clinical application of cell-free next-generation sequencing for infectious diseases at a tertiary children’s hospital. BMC Infectious Disease, accepted June 2021
- Fettinger, N, Bradley JS, Ramchandar N. An 11 year old male with X-linked agammaglobulinemia and persistent abdominal pain Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. 14 January 2021. doi: 10.1097/INF.0000000000003056
- To R, Ramchandar N, Gupta A, Pong A, Cannavino C, Foley J, Farnaes L, Coufal NG. Use of Plasma Metagenomic Next Generation Sequencing for Pathogen Identification in Pediatric Endocarditis. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. 30 December 2020. doi: 10.1097/INF.0000000000003038
- Ramchandar N, Ding Y, Farnaes L, et al. Diagnosis of cytomegalovirus infection from clinical whole genome sequencing. Sci Rep. 2020;10(1):11020. Published 2020 Jul 3. doi:10.1038/s41598-020-67656-5
- Ramchandar, Nanda, et al. Frequency of Dosing of Cephalexin for Oral Step-Down Therapy of Pediatric Osteoarticular Infections Caused by Methicillin-Sensitive Staphylococcus Aureus. The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal6 (2020): 523-525.
- Betial Asmerom, Ian Drobish, Britanny Winckler, Leslie Chiang, Lauge Farnaes, Julia Beauchamp-Walters, John S Bradley, Nanda Ramchandar, Detection of Neisseria gonorrhoeaefrom Joint Aspirate by Metagenomic Sequencing in Disseminated Gonococcal Infection, Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society, piaa108, https://doi.org/10.1093/jpids/piaa108
- Ramchandar, N., Pong, A. and Anderson, E. Identification of disseminated toxoplasmosis by plasma next‐generation sequencing in a teenager with rapidly progressive multiorgan failure following haploidentical stem cell transplantation. Pediatr Blood Cancer. (2020), doi:1002/pbc.28205
- Kalawi, Adam Z., Nanda Ramchandar, Leidy Tovar Padua, and Christopher R. Cannavino. "Transient Ischemic Attack in a Five-Year-Old Girl." The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal(2020).
- Kingsmore, S. F., Ramchandar, N., James, K., Niemi, A. K., Feigenbaum, A., Ding, Y., & Dimmock, D. (2020). Mortality in a neonate with molybdenum cofactor deficiency illustrates the need for a comprehensive rapid precision medicine system. Molecular Case Studies, 6(1), a004705.
- Briggs, B., Savla, D., Ramchandar, N., Dimmock, D., Le, D., & Thornburg, C. D. (2020). The Evaluation of Hematologic Screening and Perioperative Management in Patients with Noonan Syndrome: A Retrospective Chart Review. The Journal of Pediatrics.
- Ramchandar, Nanda, et al. "Epidemiology of Serious Bacterial Infections in Infants Less Than 90 Days in a Military Health System Cohort." The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal8 (2019): 849-853.
- Tucker, M. H., Lomas, C. M., Ramchandar, N., & Waldram, J. D. (2017). “Amoxicillin challenge without penicillin skin testing in evaluation of penicillin allergy in a cohort of Marine recruits.” The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice, 5(3), 813-815
- Ramchandar, Nanda, and Henry A. Wojtczak. "Pulmonary Epithelioid Hemangioendothelioma in a Patient with Crohn’s Disease." Case Reports in Pediatrics (2015).
Show additional content areas below