Please note that due to the impact of COVID-19 on health, travel, and safety, we will complete our recruitment season virtually for all applicants this year. Details about the virtual process will be sent to applicants when they are invited to interview.
UCSD/Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego will participate in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) for candidates applying to begin fellowship on July 1st, 2021.
- Graduate of a medical school located in the United States or Canada, accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME); or
- Graduate of a college of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA); or
- Graduate of an international medical school located outside the United States and Canada who holds a current, valid certificate issued by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates and holds a full and unrestricted license in the State of California to practice medicine or has received written notification from the Medical Board of California of approval to commence training in an accredited program in this state; or
- Graduate of a medical school located outside the United States who has completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school, and who provides evidence of compliance with the licensure laws of the State of California.
Our program requires that applicants have completed three years of an accredited general pediatric training program. All fellows must be eligible to have a California medical license when starting the fellowship.
Please submit your application and all required documents on the ERAS site.
Required documents include:
- ERAS Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Three Letters of Reference, please also have each referee complete and submit the standardized Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship evaluation form, available through ERAS
- MSPE (Medical Student Performance Evaluation)/Dean’s Letter
- Personal Statement
Our timetable for the application process this year (modified due to the impact of COVID-19) is as follows:
- ERAS Applications will open to candidates on July 1st, however Applications and CVs will not be released to programs until August 12th, 2020
- We recommend interested candidates complete submission of their ERAS application, CV, and Personal Statement by August 14th, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, however applicants meeting the August 14 deadline ensure consideration for our primary round of interviews. We understand that there may be delays from some letter writers, but we recommend that you submit your other application materials as early as possible.
- Interviews will be scheduled in September and the interview season will run from late September to early November.
- Please see the NRMP site (http://www.nrmp.org/) for the most up to date timeframe for the Match
- We will accept two categorical pediatric cardiology fellows to begin in July 2021
For any questions related to our program or our application process, please contact our program coordinator, Brenna Vanderpool at 858-966-5855 / 8570 or bvanderpool@RCHSD.org
Show additional content areas below