The UCSD Department of Pathology is pleased to introduce the new Visiting Elective Scholarship Program (VESP) in an effort to support third- and fourth-year medical students who are interested in completing an elective rotation in our Department. This scholarship was created by the Pathology Department's Committee on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion and is specifically geared towards supporting those with limited resources and those who represent an underrepresented group in medicine.
We have two scholarship positions per year. See below for more information. If you have questions regarding eligibility or the application process, please contact Dr. Mojgan Hosseini at email@example.com.
VESP Eligibility Criteria
- 3rd or 4th year US-based medical student
- Accepted for UCSD away rotation in the Department of Pathology
VESP funds available
- Up to $2,000 in funding available
- Funds are able to support travel and housing during the dates of scheduled rotation (e.g., airfare to and from home city and room rental in San Diego)
- UCSD Housing information: https://thecolleges.ucsd.edu/nonresidentinfo/sandiegolife/housing.html
Instructions for UCSD away rotation application submission
- To apply for an away rotation in the Department of Pathology at UCSD, complete your application via the AAMC Visiting Student Learning Opportunity site: https://students-residents.aamc.org/visiting-student-learning-opportunities/visiting-student-learning-opportunities-1
Instructions for VESP Application submission
- Complete VESP application UCSD PATHOLOGY Visiting Elective Program Application 2022-2023.pdf
- Scholarship applications can be submitted to Dr. Mojgan Hosseini at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission is currently being handled on a rolling basis with no set deadline, however we highly encourage students to submit their application as early as possible for consideration
- Check back for updates to application timeline