Program Director: Irene Su, MD, MSCE
The Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility strives to lead the field in REI clinical care, research and education. Our fellowship training program is designed to qualify individuals for the subspecialty board in reproductive endocrinology and infertility. The goal of this program is to provide fellows with a balance of training between clinical and research activities and to prepare them for an academic career for leadership in reproductive endocrinology. Our three primary missions are:
- Clinical Care: Use a multi-disciplinary model to continuously improve clinical care and provide REI care primarily to affected women in the UCSD regional network; and secondarily, provide consultation for women outside the UCSD regional network.
- Research: With extramural funding, grow our diverse portfolio across a spectrum of basic, translational, clinical and epidemiologic research. The foci of research span neuroendocrinology of reproduction, endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), oncofertility, ovarian biology and gamete and embryo development.
- Education: Prepare academic leaders for a career in REI with a solid foundation for leadership.
Applicants who have completed their training from a US or Canadian accredited Obstetrics and Gynecology residency program are eligible to apply.
Application to the University of California San Diego Medical Center Program, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (2350522005) is through ERAS. For more information on the ERAS application process, please visit
In addition to the ERAS application, please upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- United States Licensing Examination (USMLE) or Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Eam (MCCQE)
A minimum of two letters of recommendation, up to four will be considered
- Personal Statement
Medical School Transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
In accordance with SREI guidelines, we have coordinated out dates for the following
Application Deadline: Friday May 1, 2020 at 12 PM CST
Applicant Notification: Friday, June 5, 2020
- Interview Dates: Friday, August 7, 2020; Friday, September 11, 2020
We participate in the National Resident Match Program (NRMP). To register for the fellowship matching process, please go to
For further inquiries, please contact the Fellowship Program Manager: Eunice Tingzon,