Our center has brought together professionals from a variety of fields to create a well-versed interdisciplinary team, allowing us to provide cutting edge care and research for the complete spectrum of movement disorders. This includes clinicians, scientists, residents, fellows, and students.
Many of our core team members have completed Allied Team Training for Parkinson’s (ATTP) hosted by the Parkinson’s Foundation. ATTP is a rigorous four day curriculum designed for health professionals working with people with Parkinson’s disease (PD)“to learn the best practices for collaborative PD care”. UCSD will also be the host site for the first ATTP Advanced covering Cognition and PD. For more information click on the ATTP program please click here
We also value training our future movement disorder colleagues, our team members include movement disorder fellows, medical students, social work interns, undergraduate students and volunteers.
Meet our team members:
- Clinical team - physician-scientists, nurse practitioners and social worker
- Rehabilitation team - physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech language pathologists
- Fellows and students - those training as clinicians or researchers who hope to specialize in movement disorders
- Neuropsychology Team – neuropsychologists are psychologists with an focus on cognitive function
- Administrative Team – those team members who coordinate clinical care and manage our educational offerings
- Research Team – clinical research coordinators managing our ongoing clinical trials
- Scientific Collaborators – researchers and health professionals partnering with our center on many exciting projects