Misdiagnosis of Parkinson’s disease and related movement disorders is frequent, particularly at early disease stages. This is mostly due to unawareness of early motor and non-motor features, lack of knowledge of the usual course of the disease, and lack of suspicion of related disorders.
The UCSD Movement Disorder Center offers faculty and staff who specialize in movement disorders, working together as a multidisciplinary and comprehensive team to provide the best possible care for patients.
Basic and clinical research are growing. Neurologists, bioengineers, basic scientists, clinical investigators, neuropsychologists, and neuroradiologists are collaborating to advance science in ways that will directly benefit patients with movement disorders.
State-of-the-art clinical care, outreach, and research, all with a multidisciplinary approach, are the basis of this groundbreaking new program.
Your support can help us to:
- Establish a fellowship program to train young neurologists to appropriately manage patients with movement disorders, increasing access to movement disorder specialists
- Conduct novel pilot studies that will move our field forward in significant ways
- Lead outreach projects that could improve access to movement disorder clinics
- Offer a one-stop-shop for movement disorders that integrates clinical, research and outreach activities
- Support the growth of novel and existing research programs
Irene Litvan, MD, Director
For more information about making a gift to the UCSD Department of Neurosciences or to help us in our efforts to find a cure for or treat a debilitating neurological disease or condition, contact:
Irene Litvan, MD
Director, Movement Disorder Center
Associate Director of Development
We are grateful for your consideration.
To make a donation online, please select the appropriate cause below:
Movement Disorder Center
Parkinson's Disease Fund
MDC Neuroimaging Fund
The UC San Diego Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, tax-exempt organization designated by the Internal Revenue Service. Our Federal Tax ID number is 95-287-2494.