At the AVRC, we are committed to developing and conducting innovative research that enhances the quality and duration of life for people living with or affected by HIV and other diseases of global significance.
As an innovative research and academic institution, we are proud to engage with our participants, followers, and community members beyond the traditional ways we are all used to. We are actively responding to people in real-time on social media networking sites like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
In an effort to maintain a positive experience when interacting with the AVRC and our associated programs on social media, these guidelines will provide more info on how to engage with us on social media and what you can expect from us.
Social Media Guidelines When Engaging with the AVRC
Our social media platforms serve as a limited public forum and are intended to serve as a resource for participants and the community to learn about current clinical trials, programs, and services, events, and provide more information on our community involvement with local organizations. We ask that those choosing to engage with us on social media do so in a respectful manner.
To continue to build a positive community, user-generated posts and comments may be rejected or removed when the content includes any of the following:
- Harassing, offensive, abusive, defamatory, obscene, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or hateful content.
- Incites violence or violent behavior.
- Contains deceptive, misleading, potentially harmful, or factually unsupported content.
- Contains private, personal, or sensitive information about individuals (e.g. account-related information).
- Off-topic and not relevant to the original post, or otherwise offensive and/or not aligning with the AVRC's values.
Messages that do not comply with these guidelines will not be tolerated. Any post that we determine is non-compliant will be removed, and the individual may be temporarily or permanently banned from our social media platforms.
We look forward to continuing to engage with you online.