Salary Scale for Academic Year 2020-2021
|Resident Physician 1||$5,059.92||$60,719|
|Resident Physician 2||$5,227.58||$62,731|
|Resident Physician 3||$5,433.00||$65,196|
|Resident Physician 4||$5,647.42||$67,769|
- Additional stipends: $500/year educational and $6,000/year housing paid directly to residents by the Office of Graduate Medical Education. The housing stipend is paid in two installments on residents' paychecks (October and February).
- Step 3 & License fees are reimbursed as a lump sum of $1827.50 during PGY 2.
Health, dental, vision insurance for resident and dependents at no cost.
- $50,000 life insurance plan for the resident with $100,000 double indemnity clause.
- Disability and malpractice insurance provided by UC San Diego at no cost.
- Four (4) weeks of paid vacation each year in two 2-week blocks.
- Leave for illness, family medical emergencies, maternity/paternity per UC San Diego Internal Medicine House Staff Manual upon Program Director's approval.
- Food allowance for meals while on night call.
- White lab coats and laundry services.
- Access to the
library resources of UC San Diego and the VA Medical Center onsite and via internet from offsite.
For More Information
More detailed information regarding salary scale, lump sum payments, and reimbursements is provided in the attached documents. See the Office of Graduate Medical Education website for more details.
Salary Scale 2019-2020 and 2020-2021
UCSD SDHSA MOU Ratification
2018-19 Reimbursement for Medical License Fees
For samples of our contract, terms and conditions, intern appointment letter and intern acceptance letter, as well as more information concerning leave policy, professional liability insurance, health insurance, living quarters, on-call meals, uniform and uniform laundering, and visa requirements, please view the sample documents provided in the 2019-20_Terms and Conditions document.