In addition to specific Med/Peds events, the residents are active in the social cultures of both departments. What follows is a partial list of typical annual events.
- Switch Night - A senior-led and organized event before the first big switch between the categorical parent programs, designed to reduce intern anxiety.
- Intern Welcome/Senior Farewell - Prior to the end of the year, all of the Med/Peds residents come together to meet the new interns and say farewell to our seniors.
Annual Med/Peds Business Retreat - A local retreat to socialize, address program issues, and brainstorm ideas for program improvement.
- Welcome Party for all new house staff, attended by key faculty and continuing medicine house staff.
Alumni Party-a formal evening hosted for house staff and faculty.
- Annual Program Retreat
- Graduation Brunch to celebrate the completion of residency
- Intern Retreat – A fall weekend set aside for the interns to get to know one another better. The intern class decides on a location and is provided with funding from the pediatrics department; past locations have included Idyllwild, Big Bear, and the beach!
- Resident Holiday Party
- Graduation celebration and award ceremony.