Special Requirements for International Medical Graduates applying to our program:
- Possess a current ECFMG certificate
- Pass USMLE Step I on first attempt
- File an application for licensure with the California State Board of Medical Quality Assurance, Division of Licensing, and obtain an APPLICANT EVALUATION STATUS LETTER which authorizes eligibility to begin postgraduate training in California. This letter must be received by the December 1 deadline in order for your file to be reviewed and processed. For application material, contact:
Medical Board of California, Division of Licensing, 1426 Howe Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95825 (916) 263-2499
- Visa Status: Secure J-1 Visa through ECFMG with issuance of IAP-66. The University no longer sponsors H-1 Visas for residency training.
- Apply through ERAS (http://www.ecfmg.org/eras/). The ECFMG office will serve as the designated Dean's office and can provide detailed information to international medical graduates.