The following information is available by visiting the UCSD Medical Center Office of Graduate Medical Education web site.
- UCSD Terms and Conditions of Appointment to UCSD GME Training Programs
- House Officer Policy and Procedure Document and the GME Administrative Policy and Procedure Document - These documents contain information regarding:
- Institutional eligibility, selection, and nondiscrimination criteria
- Hours and working conditions policy
- Supervision policy
- Policies regarding Evaluation, Promotion, Corrective Action, and Dismissal
- The specifics of the housestaff group health, life, dental, vision and disability programs
- Housestaff Group Health Plan information
- Sample housestaff appointment letter, UC Acceptance of Appointment form, Resident/Fellow Position Description, Addendum to the Application for a GME Training Position at UCSD
Note To Prospective Applicants About UCSD's COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate:
UC San Diego and San Diego County Health policies mandate that all healthcare workers be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations or have an exemption for medical or religious reasons (subject to review and approval). In addition, UCSD's major affiliates have similar expectations. Those health care workers who are out of compliance may not participate in direct patient care.