The Division of Genetics pursues broad research interests covering all aspects of genetics and genomic technologies in the study of human disease. Ongoing projects include genomic approaches to DNA repair pathways, cancer research, interpretation of genome-wide studies, ultra-high-throughput genomes sequencing, mammalian chromosome movement and spindle assembly during mitosis, axonal growth, motor neuron disease, diabetic nephropathy, therapeutic range in genetic titration, mitochondrial mechanisms of disease and development, and evolutionary systems biology and marine metagenomics.
Individual faculty laboratory pages are included below for further discovery of the ambitious research being currently undertaken by our leading faculty.
Division Faculty Ongoing Research
- Hannah Carter, PhD Research Page
- Don Cleveland, PhD Research Page
- Xin Du, Research Page
- James H. Fowler, PhD Research Page
- Bruce Hamilton, PhD Research Page
- Trey Ideker, PhD Research Page
- Jill Mesirov, PhD, Research Profile
- Robert K. Naviaux, MD, PhD Research Page
- Timothy Ravasi, PhD Research Page
- Kumar Sharma, MD, FAHA Research Page
- Hamilton Smith, MD Research Page
- Keith K. Vaux, MD Research Page