Future Symposiums TBD
Symposium on Gender Equity and Global Reproductive Health
March 19-21, 2014 in San Diego, CA
The overarching goal of this scientific meeting is to advance evidence-based programming and policies that promote gender equity and reproductive health among women and girls across multiple global regions, particularly West and Central Africa, South Asia and Latin America. This will be accomplished by:
- Sharing cutting edge research on reproductive health from leading scholars across the fields of medicine, public health, social science and economics from the leading public university system in the United States, the University of California
- Having key leaders in the donor and development communities involved in setting the agenda for improving global reproductive health provide their perspectives on this work and their current priorities for related research and programming
- and, Structuring a dialogue between researchers and leaders in the donor and development communities to develop a common agenda for scientific efforts to improve reproductive health for the decade post-2015, with a particular emphasis on issues of gender equity and the multiple areas of strength across the UC system
We invite scholars, practitioners, and advocates across the globe to participate in this important event. Please note, there is no cost to attend this meeting. The meeting will also be available via live webcast.
Simultaneous English-Spanish translation will be provided for all 3 days of the Symposium, via on-site interpreter.
The Symposium will include:
- Lightning presentations from key leaders in the areas of research and evidence-based program and policy, highlighting cutting edge study findings and innovative solutions.
- Panels with representatives from donor agencies and other funders focused on family planning, reproductive health, youth programs, and gender equity.
- Panels with representatives from different sectors focused on policy changes and local implementation of family planning, reproductive health, youth programs, and gender equity.
- Networking opportunities for donors, scholars, practitioners, advocates and policy experts to discuss key issues of gender equity and global reproductive health.
Symposium video footage, March 19th- 21st, 2014
Session 1: Gender-based Violence and Reproductive Health
Session 2: Engaging Men and Boys
Session 3: Reproductive Rights/Reproductive Access
Session 4: Girl Child Marriage and Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health
Session 5: Gender and Community Empowerment Approaches to Improve Reproductive Health
Event by day, unedited: