Thank you for your interest in the Infectious Diseases Fellowship Training Program! We are thrilled you are interested in our program and subspecialty. Please review the following information in entirety and reach out with any questions.
All fellowship positions are filled through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP). Applications for fellowship are received to our program through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) beginning July 21, 2021, for the 2022 fellowship appointment, with training starting on July 1, 2022. Complete applications are reviewed, and eligible candidates are contacted directly to schedule an interview with the program. Interview invitations are offered on a rolling basis during the application process from late-August through October.
Our program will prepare a unique half-day itinerary for each candidate, with their specific interests in mind, which includes opportunities to meet virtually with faculty members and current fellows.
While our program has two training tracks (Clinician Educator and Research tracks), only the Research track is available for the 2021-2022 application cycle. The Clinician Educator track is available every other year and will next be offered during the 2022-2023 application cycle.
- 2-year Clinician-Educator Leadership Track (not available this year)
- 3-year Research Track - 1049146F0
In accordance with NRMP regulations, applicants are invited to visit the UCSD Office of Graduate Medical Education website to view the following documents:
- Terms and Conditions of Appointment (2021/22)
- Sample Appointment Letter (2021/22)
- Resident Physician Position Description (2021/22)
- House Officer Salary Scales (2020/21; 2021/22 scales pending)
- Description of Benefits
Prior to Your Interview Day
If you are selected to interview with our program, you will recieve notification via email. Prior to your interview day, please review the following. We look forward to meeting with you.
- Watch the "A Day in the Life of an ID Fellow" video (via YouTube or press play below)
- Familiarize yourself with your personal interview itinerary sent via email
We are here to help! Please reach out to Meredith Lococo (email@example.com
) with any questions prior to your interview day with UCSD.
Statement on Diversity
Our program values diversity and strives to create a diverse educational environment within the ID/GPH Division. We strongly encourage applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds to apply to our fellowship program.
A complete application with the following documents are required through ERAS:
- ERAS Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- 3 Letter(s) of Recommendation (LoRs)
- USMLE Transcript (optional)
- COMLEX-USA Transcript (optional)
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE or “Dean’s Letter”)
- Medical School Transcript
- Photo (optional)
To be invited for interview, International Medical Graduates will need to provide the following in additional documentation:
- ECFMG Status Report
- Permanent Resident Status
Fellows in the 3-year ID Research Track are supported on an institutional training grant (T32) from the National Institutes of Health. Therefore, to be eligible for a slot on this grant, applicants must be a citizen of the United States or be designated a permanent resident (have a Green Card). If you are a fellow in the 2-year Clinician Educator Track this does not apply.