The UC San Diego Division of Geriatrics, Gerontology, and Palliative Care hosts a monthly Grand Rounds. This series takes place every first Tuesday of the month from 12:00 - 1:00 pm.
GOAL: To provide needs-based education for physicians and health care providers to improve knowledge, competence, and performance and enable the optimum provision of health care.
- Employ geriatric medicine, gerontology, and palliative care principles for maximizing patient health and enhancing patient care.
- Discuss current assessments, management techniques, and treatment recommendations available for different geriatric conditions and for those with serious illness at any stage of disease.
- Identify patient-centered and system-wide strategies designed to improve quality of care and reduce iatrogenic events.
- Distinguish differences in care guidelines for older vs younger patients.
- Recognize the role of social determinants of health and how they can impact care and decision-making.
February 1, 2022
Dr. Wendy Anderson
Communication Skills Training in 60 Minutes or Less
*Note: In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have moved our Grand Rounds to an entirely virtual webinar format. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for log-in information.
January 4, 2022
December 7, 2021
November 2, 2021
Dr. Kimberly Curseen
Dr. Christina Vaughan
Dr. Alison Potok
Managing the Intersection Between Implicit Bias, Healthcare Disparities, and Ourselves
The Unique Palliative Care Needs of Those with Serious Neurologic Disease: Neuro-Palliative Care
What's the Difference? Clinical Information Beyond Kidney Function in the Difference Between eGFR By Cystatin C vs. By Creatinine
GERIATRICS GRAND ROUNDS ARCHIVES: Past Presentations.pdf
CME Accredited: The University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Nurses: For the purposes of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME. For the purpose of re-licensure, the California Board of Registered Nursing accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ (report up to 1 hour of credit and list "CME Category 1" as the provider number).
QUESTIONS? If you have questions or would like to be added to our email list, please e-mail Janice Thomas, at email@example.com.