The UC San Diego Division of Geriatrics hosts a monthly Geriatrics Grand Rounds, which takes place on the first Wednesday of every month at 8:45am.*
GOAL: To provide needs-based education for physicians and health care providers to improve knowledge, competence and performance and enable the optimum provision of health care.
- Employ geriatric medicine principles for maximizing patient health and enhancing patient care
- Discuss current management techniques and treatments available for different geriatric conditions
- Identify patient-centered and system-wide strategies designed to reduce iatrogenic events
- Distinguish differences in care guidelines for older vs younger patients
- Recognize psychosocial issues that can impact care and decision-making
Lisa Eyler, Maria Marquine, Jeremy Elman, Julie Kangas
Ally Skills Workshop
*Note: In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have moved Geriatrics Grand Rounds to an entirely virtual webinar format. Please contact email@example.com for log-in information.
GERIATRICS GRAND ROUNDS ARCHIVES: GGR Past Presentations.pdf
CME Accredited: The University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Nurses: For the purposes of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME. For the purpose of re-licensure, the California Board of Registered Nursing accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ (report up to 1 hour of credit and list "CME Category 1" as the provider number).
QUESTIONS? If you have questions or would like to be added to our email list, please e-mail Janice Thomas, at firstname.lastname@example.org.