Research is an integral facet of UC San Diego General Internal Medicine - it starts by asking a question, often sparked from seeing patients in clinic or teaching medical students and residents. These questions can spring from a pain point, or a fresh perspective on a long-standing challenge.
This applied curiosity drives groundbreaking tests and treatments. Our faculty who conduct research span diverse interests, from clinical studies within and across disciplines, to new ways to optimize patient outcomes, quality of life, as well as physician engagement and well-being.
- How are we delivering on our objectives?
- Providing Mini Grants for protected scholarly time
- Hosting, along with other GIM committees, The GIM Forum every January, May, and September of each year, to present on research findings, quality improvement initiatives, and innovations in medical education
- Publishing a quarterly newsletter for updates, those seeking collaborators or joining a project team
- Fostering partnerships with Hospital Medicine, Geriatrics, and other disciplines, including Engineering, and The Center for Health Design
- mplementing resources to promote exchange of ideas, mentoring, assistance with writing grant proposals, and more
Please check back regularly for more updates.
We welcome your ideas and questions!
Edward Chao, DO
Jeffrey Jenks, MD
GIM Research Committee Co-Chairs