Bernd Schnabl, MD
Professor of Medicine
Director, San Diego Digestive Diseases Research Center
University of California San Diego (SDDRC
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology
BRF2 Building 4A22
9500 Gilman Drive, MC0063
La Jolla, CA 92093
Phone lab: 858-534-9484
Phone office: 858-822-5311
We are accepting applications from motivated scientists who are interested in mechanisms underlying chronic liver disease and microbiota research. Scientist joining my group will have the opportunity to work with various mouse models of liver disease and to learn and master molecular biology, genetics, microbiology and microbiomics. Please send an email with a brief statement regarding your previous work and expertise, future interests, CV and three letters of recommendation.
Potential Collaborative Programs with the Pharmaceutical Industry
- We have many years of experience in clinical practice and translational research
- We are particularly interested in developing effective drug therapy treatments for chronic liver disease and microbiota-centered treatment approaches
- We offer preclinical models for fatty liver disease, alcoholic and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (ASH and NASH), toxic and cholestatic liver disease, hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- We offer germ-free, gnotobiotic and humanized mouse models.
- We isolate hepatocytes and non-parenchymal liver cells to study the mechanism of action for drugs
- We use state of the art microbiomic technology.