This is a 12-month preceptor training program which includes training in EUS, ERCP, double balloon endoscopy, balloon thermal ablation of Barrett's, and cholangioscopy. There will be exposure to minimally invasive surgical procedures and clinical research is expected. The position is partially funded by clinical general GI work by the preceptor. A requirement for the program is that applicants must be able to obtain a California medical license before the start of their training.
Applicants interested in applying to our program will need to email the documents listed below to our program coordinator, Roslyn Lara. Applicants will then be contacted to come and interview.
Next available open slot is for July 2021.
Review period is January through April. Please submit the following documentation:
- Current CV
- (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Photograph of yourself
- USMLE Scores Steps 1, 2, 3
California Medical License. For more information, go to the California Medical Board's website, http://www.mbc.ca.gov/Applicants/Physicians_and_Surgeons/
- Proof of attending and receiving a medical degree from a medical school recognized by the California (Education must meet the requirements of California Business and Professions Code Sections 2089 and 2089.5)
- Evidence of passing the USMLE Steps 1, 2, 3 (CK), 2 (CS)
- Pass the background check (CA-DOJ and FBI)
- Obtain a US Social Security Number
Any questions, please contact our Program Coordinator, Roslyn Lara by email (email@example.com).