- Ning-Ai Liu, MD, PhD, Cedars-Sinai-UCLA, for her proposal to study Glucocorticoid-induced insulin resistance in zebrafish.
- Renata Pereira, PhD, UCLA, for studying the role of FGF-23 in skeletal mineralization.
- Daniel DeUgarte, MD, from UCLA, to investigate the Impact of Bariatric Surgery on Metabolic Phenotype, Gene Expression, and Epigenome.
- Alexander Sasha Kauffman, PhD, UCSD, for investigating Neural Circuits Regulating and Timing Puberty in Normal and Overweight Mice.
- Jane Kim, MD, UCSD, for her work on Sialic Acids in Obesity and Metabolism.
- WuQiang Fan, MD, PhD, UCSD, for a project to study FOXO1 and Insulin resistance.