The UC San Diego Endocrine Fellowship is a 2-year ACGME-accredited training program focusing on general clinical endocrinology with scholarly activity & research. Additionally, there are opportunities to pursue a 3rd year of fellowship with a more in-depth focus on research. At UC San Diego, our fellowship training experience has unique opportunities that help us train strong clinical endocrinologists committed to caring for a diverse patient population.
- We have 3 unique training sites that offer variety in patient population including Veterans, tertiary and quaternary referrals, heart/liver/lung/kidney transplant, incarcerated, and underserved.
- Our diverse patient population and proximity to the U.S. Mexico border provide unique pathology with rare presentations and advanced diseases that make our training experience unparalleled.
- Our twice-weekly case conferences include a “tumor board” style review of difficult diabetes and endocrine cases. Attendance from endocrine surgeons, head and neck surgery, neurosurgeons, reproductive endocrinologists, and radiologists provides unique education for fellows, close collaboration, and in-depth case review.
- Our faculty consist of international leaders in the field of endocrinology who work closely with fellows in the clinical and research setting, as well as providing career mentorship during fellowship and beyond.
- We regularly respond to fellow feedback in an attempt to constantly improve our training experience for the fellows.
We are thrilled to have you consider our program for fellowship training in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism! We recognize that this is a challenging year for online fellowship applications. We encourage you to review our website for more information. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.
Tricia Santos Cavaiola, M.D.
UC San Diego GME General Recruitment 2021 from UCSD Visual Media Group on Vimeo.