This fellowship was made possible by the generous support and expertise of the Gary and Mary West Health Institute, an independent, nonprofit medical research organization dedicated to successful aging. The West Health- UCSD Geriatrics Quality Improvement Science Fellowship is a one-year fellowship training program designed for geriatrics fellowship graduates. Co-funded by West Health Institute and UCSD, the goal is to develop national leaders in quality improvement and implementation science focused on improving healthcare delivery for older adults. Graduates will be prepared to engage in older adult-centered quality improvement and lead high value care initiatives to improve outcomes that matter most to older adults.
Salary and Benefits
The salary will be at the PGY level based on the candidate's experience. For the 2020-2021 academic year, the annual salary for an incoming fellow at the PGY6 level was $73,164. The basic salary scales are established by the University Office of the President and will be posted here as they become available for 2021-2022.
Benefits include excellent health, life, disability, dental and vision care insurances for fellows and their spouse/dependents, paid vacation and sick leave, and a tax-deferred retirement plan.
Fellows have all expenses paid to attend and present at the annual American Geriatrics Society conference and one other conference according to fellow interest. In addition, all expenses for coursework are paid.
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited fellowship in a geriatrics discipline (by start of this fellowship)
- Geriatric Medicine-Certified or Eligible for Geriatric Medicine Certification
- Active, unrestricted U.S. license to practice medicine
- U.S. citizenship
Other clinicians without Geriatrics Fellowship training are encouraged to inquire about additional opportunities.
- Applications will start to be reviewed in September 2020 on a rolling basis:Application QI fellowship.pdf
- Submission Deadline by December 15, 2020 5PM PCT.
- Interviews by video will be conducted by late December 2020/early January 2021.
- Admission decisions will be communicated to all applicants on or before Monday, January 11, 2021.
- Fellowship start date Thursday, July 1, 2021.
The program is Co-Directed by Lindsey Yourman, MD from UCSD and Jon Zifferblatt, MD, MPH, MBA from West Health Institute.
For more information or any questions, please contact Dr. Yourman* at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Zifferblatt at email@example.com, or visit West Health's website. at https://www.westhealth.org.