The UC San Diego Division of Geriatrics, Gerontology and Palliative Care hosts a monthly Grand Rounds. As of August 2021, this series will take place on the first Tuesday of every month at 12:00pm.
GOAL: To provide needs-based education for physicians and health care providers to improve knowledge, competence and performance and enable the optimum provision of health care.
- Employ geriatric medicine, gerontology, and palliative care principles for maximizing patient health and enhancing patient care.
- Discuss current assessments, management techniques, and treatment recommendations available for different geriatric conditions and for those with serious illness at any stage of disease.
- Identify patient-centered and system-wide strategies designed to improve quality of care and reduce iatrogenic events.
- Distinguish differences in care guidelines for older vs younger patients.
- Recognize the role of social determinants of health and how they can impact care and decision-making.
August 3, 2021
Biren Kamdar, MD, MBA, MHS & Paola Alicea, BS
Minding Mentation: Improving Delirium Detection in the ICU
*Note: In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have moved our Grand Rounds to an entirely virtual webinar format. Please contact email@example.com for log-in information.
June 2, 2021
Dr. Herbert Rosenbaum and Dr. Deborah Lee
Dr. Yuichiro Sato
Medical Humanities in Geriatrics: The Art (and Heart) Behind Caring for Older Adults Geriatrics Programs in our Country: A Brief Look and Future Prospects
GERIATRICS GRAND ROUNDS ARCHIVES: GGR Past Presentations.pdf
CME Accredited: The University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Nurses: For the purposes of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME. For the purpose of re-licensure, the California Board of Registered Nursing accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ (report up to 1 hour of credit and list "CME Category 1" as the provider number).
QUESTIONS? If you have questions or would like to be added to our email list, please e-mail Janice Thomas, at firstname.lastname@example.org.