We offer a wide variety of programs and initiatives at the Center for Mindfulness, designed to make mindfulness and compassion understandable, practical, and accessible to all.
Whether you are living with illness or chronic pain, are seeking to improve your resilience or performance, are an experienced practitioner looking to broaden or deepen your practice, or are simply curious about how mindfulness and compassion could benefit you, you are welcome here.
All of our courses are facilitated by our warm and welcoming Certified Teachers, who have received extensive training and have a broad range of experiences in professional and personal life settings.
- In-person classes and workshops for the public at our Center, located in the UTC area;
- Professional trainings and retreats for future mindfulness teachers, held all over the world;
- Customized presentations, classes and workshops for organizations & workplaces of all kinds, including Healthcare, K-12 and Higher Education, Legal, Tech and more;
- Public retreats, held offsite at various retreat centers nationwide;
- Research studies and partnerships through Dr. Fadel Zeidan’s lab.
Explore Our Programs
Brand new to mindfulness? You might want to start with our 90-minute Mindfulness & Meditation Workshop or a 6-week Introduction to Mindfulness class.
- Mindfulness Programs
It all started with Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, created by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn. Click here to learn more about MBSR and also about our Mindful Eating course.
- Compassion Programs
Compassion, both for self and others, is a growing area of research and inquiry. We offer both the Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) and Compassion Cultivation Training (CCT) classes, along with occasional 1-day workshops.
- Youth, School & Family Programs
We offer classes and consultations to bring mindfulness and self-compassion to kids, teens, educators, and parents.
- mPEAK Programs
Mindful Performance Enhancement, Awareness and Knowledge (mPEAK) was developed at UCSD in partnership with the Olympic BMX Cycling team. mPEAK applies mindfulness to the quest for peak performance.
- WorkPlace Programs
Mindfulness and Compassion are critical elements of success in our burned out and distracted workplaces. We offer customized presentations, workshops, and classes for all types of organizations to introduce leaders and employees to the benefits of bringing mindfulness to work.
- Professional Teacher Training Programs
Learn about our MBSR, mPEAK, MBCT, and ME-CL Teacher Training programs and our Certification pathway in the UCSD Mindfulness-Based Professional Training Institute.