The IH-MMB Lab provides assay consultation, performance, data processing, and interpretation services for diverse biospecimens from human and animal research studies. Currently, we perform immuno-assays that are validated in human blood, urine and saliva specimens and welcome inquiries for other specimen types. We also provide assay services for cellular immune investigations using flow cytometry.
Assay performance: Performing validated assays with internal and commercial QC for basic and clinical investigators.
Consultation: Assisting investigators with protocol development and assay selection and with sample collection procedures and storage.
Assay validation: Validating new assays in accordance with Good Laboratory Practice.
Education: Educating and training students and junior investigators in the utilization of laboratory techniques and organizing seminars for laboratory techniques.
Assay data interpretation: Assisting investigators in assay data processing, interpretation, and reporting.
The Lab features a constantly growing number of validated assays. If an assay is not available within our portfolio, we can discuss the possibility of in-house assay development with the investigator or assist in identifying a lab that performs the assay.
Routine immuno-assays run in the lab includes:
|Endocrine||Cortisol||Saliva, Plasma, Urine||Stress|
|Vascular inflammation||CRP, SAA, sICAM-1,sVCAM-1||Plasma, Serum||Cardiovascular risk|
|Inflammation||IL-1beta,IL-6,IFN-gamma,IL-8,TNF-alpha, pro-IL-1beta||Plasma, Serum||Systemic inflammation|
|Neurotransmitter||Catecholamines ( epinephrine, norepinephrine, dopamine)||Plasma, Urine||Stress|
|Coagulation and cardiovascular risk|
|Metabolic hormone||Insulin||Plasma, Serum||Metabolic risk|
Immuno-assays for many other analytes are also available including but not limited to:
- Cytokines and Chemokines: IL-10, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, etc.; TGF; Fractalkine; IP-10; MCP-1, 2, 4; MIF-1alpha, beta, etc.; MMPs; VEGFs)
- Metabolic hormones: adiponectin, GLP-1, Glucagon, Resistin, PYY
Flow Cytometry services:
- Cell isolation and antibody staining
- Standard Immunophenotyping in blood and CSF
- Cell surface detection of detailed cell subpopulations and activation, adhesion, and chemokine receptor markers
- Intracellular detection of cytokines
- Immune cell activation assays
- Meso Scale Diagnostics Sector Imager 2400 Multiplex Instrument
- Molecular Devices VersaMax ELISA Microplate Reader
- BD Biosciences FACSCalibur Flow Cytometer with FACS Loader and Flow System