The Integrative Nutrition specialized certificate is a career-focused training program designed for those who want to learn about food as medicine and to coach their patients and clients, families and friends, and members of their communities in understanding the value of food and nutrition as a means to promote health and wellness and prevent and combat disease. This program is designed for existing health professionals, those who aspire to careers in healthcare, and interested laypersons in San Diego, Southern California and beyond who seek to develop or deepen a focus in diet and nutrition with a holistic orientation.
It is composed of online and live sessions taught by UC San Diego health professionals, acclaimed researchers and authors, and expert plant-based chefs. It provides the skills and knowledge required for a basic foundation in the rapidly growing field of Integrative Nutrition.
This program is designed for:
- Existing health professionals
- Those who aspire to careers in healthcare
- Those who seek to develop or deepen a focus in diet and nutrition with a holistic orientation
- College-level coursework in relevant areas of at least one of these subjects is preferred: culinary arts, non-dietary healing arts, dietetics, nutrition, biology (biochemistry, cell/plant biology or microbiology), or chemistry (inorganic, organic, or analytical). However, individuals are welcome to apply and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Cooking experience is not required, but will be helpful