- PhD, Comparative Biomedical Sciences, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- Concentration area: Cell Biology; Lung Biology; Pathophysiology in respiratory diseases (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease COPD, asthma, Cystic Fibrosis) and lung inflammation, specifically in signaling pathways and proteinomics; Mechanisms of airway mucus secretion. Minor: Biotechnology.
- DVM, School of Veterinary Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Division of Biomedical Informatics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla CA
- Research Area: Pheotype data standardization and data modeling in genomics studies
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA
- Concentration area: Immunology in respiratory inflammatory diseases (asthma, acute lung injury); Innate and adaptive immunity; Animal models of respiratory diseases; T cell biology; microRNAs
- Externship, Small Animal Cardiology, Small Animal Veterinary Teaching Hospital, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- Internship, National Taiwan University Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Current Research Project
PFINDR (Phenotype Finder IN Data Resources): A Tool to Support Cross-study Data Discovery Among National Heart, Lung, Blood Institute (NHLBI) Genomic Studies
Journal Papers PubMed
- Lin KW, Tharp M, Conway M, Ross M, Hsieh A, Kim H. Feasibility of Using Clinical Element Models (CEM) to Standardize Phenotype Variables in the Database of Genotypes and Phenotypes (dbGaP). 2013, PLoS ONE 8(9): e76384. Published Online Sep. 18, 2013.
- Doan S, Lin KW, Conway M, Hsieh A, Feupe SF, Garland A, Ross MK, Jiang X, Farzaneh S, Walker R, Alipanah N, Xu H, Kim H. PhenDisco: Phenotype Discovery System for the Database of Genotypes and Phenotypes (dbGaP), J Am Med Inform Assoc 2013 (Epub ahead of print).
- Ross MK, Lin KW, Truong K, Kumar A, Conway M. Text categorization of heart, lung and blood studies in the database of Genotypes and Phenotypes (dbGaP) utilizing n-grams and metadata features. Biomedical Informatics Insights. 2013, 6: 35-45.
- Nakajima T, Lin KW, Li J, McGee HS, Kwan JM, Perkins DL, Finn PW. T cells and lung injury: Impact of Rapamycin. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. Mar. 18, 2014 (Epub ahead of print).
- Lin KW, Nakajima T, li J, Crouch EC, Perkins DL, Finn PW. Immune regulation of microRNAs and T cells in surfactant protein D- mediate decrease of adaptive pulmonary immune responses (in preparation).
- Li J, Lin KW, Murray F, Nakajima T, Zhao Y, Perkins DL, Finn PW. Regulation of Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte Antigen 4 by Cyclic AMP.Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2013 Jan;48(1):63-70.
- Lin KW, Li J, Finn PW. Emerging pathways in asthma: Innate and adaptive interactions. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011, 1810(11):1052-8.
- Raiford KL, Park J, Lin KW, Fang S, Crews AL, Adler KB. Mucin granule-associated proteins in human bronchial epithelial cells: the airway goblet cell "granulome". Respir Res. 2011,12:118.
- Lin KW, Jen KY, Suarez CJ, Crouch EC, Perkins DL, Finn PW. Surfactant protein D-mediated decrease of allergen-induced inflammation is dependent upon CTLA4. J Immunol. 2010, 184(11): 6343-9.
- Nakajima T, Suarez CJ, Lin KW, Jen KY, Schnitzer JE, Makani SS, Parker N, Perkins DL, Finn PW. T cell pathways involving CTLA4 contribute to a model of acute lung injury. J Immunol. 2010, 184(10): 5835-41.
- Lin KW, Fang S, Park J, Crews AL, Adler KB. MARCKS and Related Chaperones Bind to Unconventional Myosin V Isoforms in Airway Epithelial Cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2010, 43(2):131-6.
- Park J, Fang S, Crews AL, Lin KW, Adler KB. MARCKS Regulation of Mucin Secretion by Airway Epithelium in vitro: Interaction with Chaperones. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2008, 39 (1): 68-76.
- Lin KW, Park J, Crews AL, Li Y, Adler KB. Protease activated receptor – 2 (PAR-2) is a weak enhancer of mucin secretion by human bronchial epithelial cells in vitro. Int J Biochem Cell Biol, 2008, 40 (6-7): 1379-88.
- Adler KB, Fang S, Lin KW, Park J. Mechanisms of mucus secretion in the airways. Journal of Organ Dysfunction 2006, 2: 24-29.
Peer-reviewed Conference Full Papers
- Alipanah N, Lin KW, Venkatesh V, Ohno-Machado L, Kim H. Phenotype Information Retrieval for Existing GWAS Studies. 2013 AMIA Summit on Clinical Research Informatics, 20-22 Mar. 2013.
- Hsieh A, Doan S, Conway M, Lin KW, Kim H. DIVER: Demographics Identification Variable Extraction Resource. 2012 IEEE Second International Conference on Healthcare Informatics, Imaging and Systems Biology (HISB), pp.40-49, 27-28 Sep. 2012.
Location: UCSD, SOM Building 2, Room 131
Email: koweilin @ ucsd.edu