NLM/NIH Clinical Informatics Fellow
Division of Biomedical Informatics
Department of Emergency Medicine
- MD, University of California, Irvine
- Graduate International Public Health Coursework, Emory University
- BS Biology, California Institute of Technology
- Clinical Informatics Fellow, University of California, San Diego
- Emergency Medicine Resident, Albany Medical Center, Albany, New York
Current Research Interests
- Clinical Decision Support
- Intuitive User Interfaces
- Electronic Health Record Improvement and Analytics
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Medicine via Cross-Disciplinary Collaboration
- Medical Education
- Homann K. "Systematic Review: Price Transparency in Clinical Care Lowers Cost and Quantity of Tests." National Library of Medicine Informatics Training Conference, Bethesda, MD. June 2015.
- Homann K. "Hexadecimal to Hospitals: How Doctors Think and How to Use that to Translate between Medicine and Technology." Meaningful Use of Complex Medical Data (MUCMD) Conference, Los Angeles, CA. August 2012.
- Homann K. "Technology and the Future of Emergency Medicine." Albany Medical Center Grand Rounds. February 2013.
- Homann K. "Homes to Hospitals: How Data Sharing and Technology are Reshaping Medical Care". Meaningful Use of Complex Medical Data (MUCMD) Conference, Los Angeles, CA. August 2014.
- Homann K. "The Future of Emergency Medicine: Innovation and Informatics". University of California San Diego Grand Rounds. June 2014.
Location: UCSD, SOM2 Room 129
Email: khomann at ucsd.edu