University of California, San Diego
Division of Biomedical Informatics
9500 Gilman Dr., Bldg 2 #0203E
La Jolla, California 92093-0505
- Ph.D. in Computer Science - The University of Texas – Dallas
- M.Sc. in Computer Science - The University of Texas – Dallas
- M.Sc. in Information Technology - The University of Liverpool ( U.K.)
- B.S. in Software Engineering - Iran National University (Shahid Beheshti)
- Knowledge Presentation , Integration and Discovery
- Semantic Web and Reasoning
- Bioinformatics and Biomedical Ontologies
- Efficient Algorithms for Ontology Computation
- Ontology Ranking, Ontology Alignment
- Cloud Computing & Hadoop
- Policy Models Mapping to Semantic Web
- PFINDR: Phenotype Finder IN Data Resources - OER Home - NIH
- Reasoning on Attribute Based Access Control Using OWL+ XACML
- Query Expansion for Large Scale Ontologies using Cloud and Map-Reduce Framework
- Ontology-driven Query Expansion in Federated Architecture
- Ontology Alignment using Ontology Graphs
- Content-based Ontology Matching
- Ranking Ontologies using Verified Entities for Federated Queries
Academic Activities /Membership
- Reviewer in Journal of IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering.
- Reviewer in Journal of IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC).
- Reviewer in Semantic Web Journal.
- Reviewer in ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS.
- Reviewer in Journal of Universal Computer Science.
- Reviewer in the 14th Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (SIGKDD).
- IEEE Associate Member.
- University of Texas at Dallas Alumni.
- University of Liverpool Alumni.
- N. Alipanah, K. Lin, V. Venkatesh, L. Ohno-Machado, H.Kim, Phenotype Information Retrieval for Existing GWAS Studies, AMIA Joint Summit 2013, San Francisco, CA.
- M. Grando, A. Boxwala, R. Schwas, N. Alipanah, Ontological Approach for the Management of Informed Consent Permissions for Research Studies, The Second IEEE Conference on Health Care Informatics, Imaging and System Biology (HISB 2012), La Jolla, CA.
- N. Alipanah, H. Kim, L. Ohno-Machado, Building an Ontology of Phenotypes for Existing GWAS Studies, The Second IEEE Conference on Health Care Informatics, Imaging and System Biology (HISB 2012), La Jolla, CA. (Best Poster)
- N. Alipanah, L. Khan, B. Thurasingham, Optimized ontology-driven query expansion using map-reduce framework to facilitate federated queries, International Journal of Computer Systems Science and Engineering , June 2012.
- N. Alipanah, L. Khan, B. Thurasingham, Federated Query Processing Using Ontology Structure and Ranking, To appear in IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC) Journal, June 2012.
- N. Alipanah, P. Parveen, L. Khan, B. Thurasingham, Ontology-driven Query Expansion using Map/Reduce Framework to Facilitate Federated Queries, 2011 IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS), Washington DC, USA.
- N. Alipanah, P. Parveen, S. Menezes, L. Khan, S.B. Seida, B. Thurasingham, Ontology-driven Query Expansion Methods to Facilitate Federated Queries, IEEE International Conference on Service Oriented Computing Application (SOCA) 2010, Perth, Australia 2010.
- N. Alipanah, P. Srivastava, P. Parveen, B. Thurasingham, Ranking Ontologies Using Verified Entities to Facilitate Federated Queries, IEEE/WIC/ACM Web Intelligence International Conference, September 2010, Toronto Canada 2010.
- J. Partyka, N. Alipanah, L. Khan, B. Thurasingham, S. Shekhar, Content-based ontology matching for GIS datasets.ACM GIS Conference on advances in Geographic Information systems, November 2008, Irvine, CA.
- J. Partyka, N. Alipanah, L. Khan, B. Thurasingham, S. Shekhar, Ontology Alignment Using Multiple Contexts, International Semantic Web Conference, September 2008, Germany.