- Clinical decision support systems
- Workflow-based computer interpretable guidelines
- Goal-based planning
- Argumentation Logic
San Diego Super Computer Center 2.93E
Education and Training
- Post-docoral Research Fellow, University of Edinburgh (UK), School of Informatics, COSSAC, UK Cancer Research
- PhD, Formal Languages and Applications, Rovira i Virgili University (Spain)
- MSc, Computer Science, Universidad Nacional de Rio Cuarto (Argentina)
- BS, Computer Science, Universidad Nacional de Rio Cuarto (Argentina)
- M. A. Grando, L. Moss, D. Sleeman, J. Kinsella (2013) “Argumentation-logic for creating and explaining medical hypotheses”. Journal Artificial Intelligence in Medicine 58(1):1-13.
- M. A. Grando, D. Glasspool, A. Boxwala (2012) “Argumentation-logic for the flexible enactment of goal-based medical guidelines”. Journal Biomedical Informatics 45(5): 938-49.
- M. A. Grando, D. Glasspool, J. Fox (2012) ”A formal approach to the analysis of clinical computer-interpretable guideline modeling languages”. Journal Artificial Intelligence in Medicine 54 (1): 1-13.
- M. A. Grando, L. Moss, G. Bel-Enguix, M. D. Jimenez-Lopez (2012). “Argumentation-based dialogue systems for medical training”. Amy Neustein and Judith Markowitz editors. Book chapter in “Machine Talk: The Next Generation of NLP and Speech Technology”. Springer. On press.
- M. A. Grando, R. Schwab, A. Boxwala, N. Alipanah (2012). “Ontological approach for the management of informed consent permissions”. 2nd IEEE International Conference on Healthcare informatics, Imaging, and Systems Biology, UCSD San Diego, 51-60.
- M. A. Grando, S. F. Farrish, C. Boyd, A. Boxwala (2012). “Ontological approach for safe and effective polypharmacy prescription”. AMIA Conference 2012, 291-300.
- M. A. Grando, M. Peleg, M.Cuggia, D. Glasspool (2011). “Patterns for collaborative wok in health care teams”. Journal Artificial Intelligence in Medicine 53(3) 139-160.
- M. A. Grando, W.M.P. van der Aalst, R.S. Mans (2011), “Reusing a declarative specification to check the conformance of different CIGs”, 4th International Workshop on Process-oriented Information Systems in Healthcare 2011, in 9th Conf. on Business Process Managements.
- M. A. Grando, M H. Schonenber, W. van der Aalst (2011), “Semantic-based Conformance Checking of Computer Interpretable Medical Guidelines” (selected paper) International Conference of Health Informatics HealthInf BIOSTEC. Springer Verlag, pp. 5-16. Editors: V. Traver, A. Fred, J. Filipe, H. Gamboa.
- M. A. Grando, L. Moss, D. Glasspool, D. Sleeman, M. Sim, C. Gilhooly, J. Kinsella (2011) “Argumentation-logic for explaining anomalous patient responses to treatments” Conference Artificial Intelligence in Medicine. Springer Verlag Berlin Editors: M. Peleg, N. Lavrac, C. Combi
- M. A. Grando, M H. Schonenber, W. van der Aalst (2011), “Semantic Process Mining for the verification of medical recommendations”. International Conference of Health Informatics HealthInf (Rome, Italy).
- M. A Grando, M. Peleg, D. Glasspool (2010). A goal-oriented framework for specifying clinical guidelines and handling medical errors. Journal Biomedical Informatics 43-2: 287-299.
- M. A. Grando, R. Schwab, A. Boxwala (2012) “An ontology-based engine for enacting clinical guidelines and recovering from exceptions”.