'i'm merely a neonate inside a womb with infatuated schizophrenic delusional inferences of your creation, solely to feed my narcissistic neuroses…
Guide me out of this self-induced repression & paranoia... i'd rather cease to exist than to live stranded in my suffocating bubble of oblivion…'
PhD in Information Engineering (Image Processing), City University (London, United Kingdom). Awarded Nov 2011.
MSc in Biomedical Engineering (Bio-electrics), Amir Kabir University of Technology (Tehran, Iran) Awarded 2006.
BSc in Electrical Engineering (Electronics), University of Indonesia (Jakarta, Indonesia). Awarded 2002.
“Integration of Geometric and Finite Element Modeling of the Thorax for Electrical Impedance Tomography (EIT) Lung Imaging,” PhD Thesis, City University, London, United Kingdom.
“Blind Source Separation of Image Mixtures using Modified Independent Component Analysis”, MSc Thesis. Supervised by Dr. S.A. Salehi and Prof. M.H. Moradi, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Amir Kabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.
- A. Zifan, S. Gharibzadeh, ‘The Chaotic Nature of Temper in Humans: A Long Short-term Memory Recurrent Neural Network Model,’ Medical Hypotheses, Volume 67, Issue 3, Pages 658-661, 2006.
- Ali Zifan, Sohrab Saberi, Mohammad Hassan Moradi, and Farzad Towhidkhah, ‘Automated ECG Segmentation Using Piecewise Derivative Dynamic Time Warping, Int. Journal of Biomedical Sciences,’ 1(3), 2006.
- Ali Zifan, Mohammad Hassan Moradi, ‘Automated Segmentation of ECG signals using Piecewise Derivative Dynamic Time Warping,’ International Conference on Computational and Information Science, August 25-27, 2006.
- A. Zifan, S. Gharibzadeh, M. Moradi, ‘Could Dynamic Attractors Explain Associative Prosopagnosia? ,’ Medical Hypotheses, Volume 68, Issue 6, Pages 1399-1405, 2007.
- Ali Zifan, Liatsis P., Kantartzis P., Gavaises M., Karcanias N. and Katritsis D., ‘Automatic 3D Reconstruction of Coronary Arteries Centreline from Monoplane X-ray Angiogram Images,’ Int. J of Biological and Medical Sciences, Vol. 1, No 1, pp. 44-49, 2008.
- Andriotis A., Ali Zifan, Gavaises M., Liatsis P., Pantos J., Theodorakakos A., Efstathopoulos E. D Katritsis D. ‘A New Method of Three-dimensional Coronary Artery Reconstruction from X-ray Angiography: Validation against a Virtual Phantom and Multi-slice Computed Tomography,’ Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, Vol.71, pp. 28-43, 2008.
- Theodorakakos A, Gavaises M, Andriotis A, Zifan A, Liatsis P, Pantos I, Efstathopoulos EP, Katritsis D., ‘Simulation of Cardiac Motion on Non-Newtonian, Pulsating Flow Development in the Human Left Anterior Descending Coronary Artery,’ Physics in Medicine and Biology 53:4875-4892, 2008.
- A. Zifan, M. H. Moradi, S. Gharibzadeh, ‘Microarray Image Enhancement by Denoising using Decimated and Undecimated Multiwavelet Transforms,’ Signal, Image and Video Processing, 1863- 1703, February 2009.
- Ali Zifan and Panos Liatsis, R.Bayford, ‘Discrete Orthogonal Wavelet Design for Neonatal EIT Signal Processing,’10th International Conference on Biomedical Applications of Electrical Impedance Tomography, June 16-19, Manchester, England, 2009.
- Ali Zifan and Panos Liatsis, ‘The Use of EIT in the Detection of Regional Lung Dysfunction in Prematurely Born Neonates,’ Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering World Congress, September 7-12, Munich, Germany, 2009.
- P. Hashemzadeh, P. Kantartzis, A. Zifan, P. Liatsis, S. Nordebo, R. Bayford, ‘A Fisher Information Matrix Interpretation of the NOSER Algorithm in Electrical Impedance Tomography,’ EMBC 2010.
- A. Zifan, P. Liatsis, ‘'Medical Image Deblurring via Lagrangian Pursuit in Frame Dictionaries,’International conference on Developments in E-Systems Engineering (DESE2011), British University,Dubai.
- A. Zifan, P . Liatsis, P . Kantartzis, R. V . Canhas, ‘Automatic Segmentation of Conductivity Changes in Electrical Impedance Tomography Images,’ Biosignals 2011, pp.115-121, Rome, Italy.
- A. Zifan, P. Liatsis, ‘Fast and Robust Automated Segmentation of EIT Lung Images using an Anatomically Constrained Kalman Filter,’ IST2012, Manchester, UK.
- A. Zifan, P. Liatsis, ‘Automatic Respiratory Anomaly Detection using Lungprints: An Alternative View on Multiple-Stream Time-series Analysis,’ IWSSIP2012, Vienna, Austria.
- Ali Zifan, Brian E. Chapman, ‘Automatic detection of coronary vessel using texture dictionaries,’ IEEE HISB2012, La Jolla, USA.
- Ali Zifan, Shazia Ashfaq, Brian E Chapman, ‘Toward the Non-Invasive Detection of Pulmonary Hypertension using Discriminative Predictors,’ 2013 AMIA Clinical Research Informatics Summit.
- Ali Zifan, Afrah Shafquat, Brian E. Chapman, ‘Automatic Ventricle Chamber Segmentation Using a Regression Neural Network Initialization Based Active Shape Model,’ 2013 AMIA Clinical Research.Informatics Summit.
- Ali Zifan, Panos Liatsis, Brian E. Chapman, ‘The use of the Kalman Filter in the automated segmentation of EIT lung images,’ Accepted in Physiological Measurements, May 2013.
- Prospective Publications (under review)
- Ali Zifan, Panos Liatsis, ‘Towards Realistic 4-D Statistical Finite Element Phantoms of the Thorax for Electrical Impedance Tomography,’ IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering.
- Ali Zifan, Panos Liatsis, ‘Virtual Coronary Trees: Navigating Through the Vessels during Image Guided Angioplasty,’ Signal, Image and Video Processing
- Signal and Image Processing
- Machine Learning
- Pattern Recognition
- Electrical Impedance Tomography
- Image and Video Coding
- Evolutionary Optimization
- Artificial Neural Networks
Matlab, C++, Python, ITK, VTK, Rhino3D, CUBIT, NETGEN, Tetgen, Meshlab Windows, MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Internet, Excel
- Farsi, native speaker
- English, fluent
- Spanish, fluent
- Bahasa Indonesia, very good