The Department of Biomedical Informatics at the University of California, San Diego is a new and innovative division seeking to transform data to information through analysis and to make that information available and useful to biomedical and clinical communities. With several recent funded initiatives, we are in the position to impact the science and application of informatics in areas of translational bioinformatics, clinical research informatics, public health informatics, and clinical informatics.
The Department of Biomedical Informatics is currently seeking applicants.
- For Assistant Professor -- Ladder Rank/In Residence (Tenure track), click here.
- For Associate or Full Professor -- Ladder Rank/In Residence (Tenured), click here.
- For Assistant, Associate or Full Professor (HS Clin, Clin X, Adj, In-Res (non-Tenured track), click here.
We have mentored research opportunities for postdoctoral fellows in the following areas:
- Human-computer interaction
- Data sharing
- Predictive modeling
- Graphical user interface design and data visualization
- Patient privacy
- Clinical decision support
- Processing, managing, and sharing of images
- Natural language processing
- Global health and public health surveillance
- Integrating genotype, phenotype, and behavior data
If you have received your doctorate degree within the past five years and are interested in a postdoctoral research position, please email the following documents to dbmipostdoc at ucsd dot edu:
- Please indicate which faculty member you are interested in doing research with
- A cover letter describing your background and interest in the postdoctoral position, including the topic area for which you are most interested;
- A current CV; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
See also our post at http://postdocservices.ucsd.edu/PostDocOpp/Job/Details/1149.
UCSD is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity.