2018 CBIO Program Retreat
Friday, July 13, 2018
UCSD Faculty Club Lounge
- 9:00 – 9:05 Welcome
- 9:05 – 9:20 Flash Introductions by Trainees of Their Posters
(2 min per trainee, NO SLIDES)
- 9:20 – 10:30 Poster Session/Social
(First 30 min – predoc trainees will show their posters to postdoc trainees and faculty. Second 30 min – postdoc trainees will show their posters to predoc trainees and faculty)
- 10:30 – 11:00 Hannah Carter - MHC class I restricts the oncogenic mutational landscape
- 11:00 – 11:30 Susan Forsburg - Visualizing genome instability
- 11:30 – 12:00 Pradipta Ghosh - Cancer Causing Bugs Play by the Rules of Baseball: Three strikes and you are out!
- 12:00 – 1:30 Lunch (from the buffet)
- 1:00 – 1:30 Arshad Desai - Specialization of Cell Division: A Potential Therapeutic Target
Myan explains her research to Steve and Jason in the foreground, while Meghana explains her poster for a perplexed Karl in the background
Steve gives James (Jake) his opinion while Susan reads the poster.
Meghana answers Jean’s question on her project.
Jason and Wendy are happy with their discussion in the foreground, while Margaret has an eureka moment in the background.
Jason explains his research with force and determination.
Margaret is happy with Steve’s comment.
Nathan and Frank focus on a Figure heavy with data in the foreground, while Carlos and Jean talk with their hands in the background.
Ayush commands the attention of Richard and Enrico.
Hannah speaks to the group on her discovery of the MHC-I restrictions of cancer mutations.
Susan shows the group how to visualize genome instability by combining genetics and live cell imaging in the fission yeast.
The group's attention to Susan’s talk.
Arshad brings the group up to date on how to target centrosomes in cancer therapy.