UC San Diego Department of Anesthesiology Our mission is to advance the art and science of anesthesiology, and to train its next generation of clinicians and scientists.
Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center
Established in 2011, the UC San Diego Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center is the county's first dedicated cardiovascular center. The state-of-the-art facility unites leaders in cardiovascular medicine, cardiothoracic surgery, pulmonary vascular medicine, vascular surgery, cardiovascular imaging and cardiovascular research to battle heart disease and stroke.
Through this collaborative approach to care, research discoveries move more quickly to the bedside, so that patients benefit sooner from new methods of prevention, diagnosis and treatment. Our specialists will provide services available only at the top medical centers in the nation, including:
• Pulmonary Thromboendartectomy (PTE)
• Off-Pump Coronary Bypass (OPCAB)
• Minimally Invasive Valve Replacement
• Lead Extraction (Hybrid Operating Room)
• High-Volume Interventional Cardiology
• Left Ventricular Assist Devices and Heart Transplant Visit the Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center website