The residents at UC San Diego hone their crisis management skills through extensive use of a high fidelity simulator. Each resident is exposed to eight critical incident scenarios per year either as the primary provider, assistant or observer for each of their years as a trainee. Following each scenario we have an extensive debriefing session to discuss aspects of the cases and lessons learned.
Sim Center Directions
To UCSD from I-5 North/South:
- Exit onto La Jolla Village Drive West
(from I-5 North - turn left; from I-5 South - turn right)
- Turn right onto Villa La Jolla Drive
- Up the hill about 0.3 miles
(stay in left lane as the right lane must turn)
- Go past the first light
(the VA center is on your right)
- At the next signal light, drive straight into the Gilman Parking Structure. There are A, B, and Visitor spots in this lot.
- Visitors can park in any open Visitor parking spaces and purchase a parking permit (see below)from one of the parking kiosks.
- Residents can park in the B spots in the Gillman Parking Structure or outdoor p406 lot. You also have the option of parking at the VA and walking over but these spots fill up by 7am.
- Walk across parking lot P602 and the ceremonial green lawn to the Medical Education - Telemedicine (MET) building.
- In the main MET quad, take the elevator/stairs to the lower level.
is always required Monday through Friday at all UCSD parking lots. While there are a limited amount of parking spaces near the Telemedicine building, attendees are recommended to park in the Gilman Parking Structure (read the "Pay Station permits
" section). Single day parking permits are $16 and can be purchased from any Permit Pay Station inside the Gilman Parking Structure. The Permit Pay Stations accept exact cash, Visa, Mastercard and American Express.