We are excited to announce that the UC San Diego Obstetric (OB) Anesthesiology Fellowship is an ACGME accredited program!
We are enrolled in the San Francisco Match, https://sfmatch.org/
for all interested candidates, and look forward to receiving your applications!
Our OB Anesthesiology Fellowship is a one-year program dedicated to the development of compassionate, knowledgeable, skillful physician leaders who provide comprehensive care to peripartum patients and their families.
Our fellows benefit from exposure to over 3,000 deliveries annually ranging from low-risk, birth center care to high-risk referral cases for maternal cardiopulmonary disease, abnormal placentation, and other complicated maternofetal conditions. The division of OB Anesthesiology is an integral part of the multidisciplinary peripartum care team, and our fellows serve as leaders within the division.
Clinical or basic research is expected and facilitated through a faculty advisor and three months of protected, non-clinical time. These efforts should result in presentations at national meetings such as the Society for Obstetric Anesthesia and Perinatology.
Initial steps for candidates interested in applying are as follows:
- Please enroll and apply through the San Francisco Match
- Please send a letter of interest to:
- Erin Martin, MD, Obstetric Anesthesia Fellowship Director
- Lawrence Weinstein, MD, Obstetric Anesthesia Division Director
- Ileana Ramirez, Obstetric Anesthesia Fellowship Program Coordinator
- Please submit the following supporting documents to the Obstetric Anesthesia Fellowship Program Coordinator, Ileana Ramirez:
- Current curriculum vitae
- Medical License
- ACLS, BLS
- Copy of DEA Certificate
- NPI Number
- Copy of Medical School Diploma
- Letters of Reference (1 letter must reflect your performance in an Obstetric Anesthesia unit setting. Letters should be addressed to Dr. Erin Martin at the contact address below and should be dated within the past 12 months. Electronic copies are acceptable if sent from the letter author or their administrative staff)
Electronic copies are acceptable if sent from the letter author or their administrative staff.
Note To Prospective Applicants About USCD's COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate:
UC San Diego and San Diego County
Health policies mandate that all healthcare workers be up to date with
their COVID-19 vaccinations or have an exemption for medical or
religious reasons (subject to review and approval). In addition, UCSD's
major affiliates have similar expectations.
Erin Martin, MD, Fellowship Program Director
Attention: Ileana Ramirez, Fellowship Coordinator
UCSD Anesthesiology Obstetrics Fellowship Program
200 West Arbor Drive, MC 8770
San Diego, CA email@example.com