Now Accepting Applications!
The goal of this program is to provide a fellow with the clinical experience for managing perioperative pain. This includes preoperative planning, pre- and postoperative performance of acute pain/regional anesthesia procedures, postoperative follow-up, and consultations for the management of acute pain in complex situations.
The program is structured over a comprehensive year to include pre-operative clinic visits and optimization of opioids/weaning prior to surgery, exposure to technical procedures such as regional anesthesia peripheral nerve blocks/catheters, neuraxial procedures, postoperative pain management on the surgical floors (PCAs, lidocaine and ketamine infusions etc.), as well as outpatient pain management and weaning for patients in the subacute outpatient postoperative phase. Over the course of a year a fellow can gain proficiency in:
- Pre-operative evaluation and optimization of chronic opioid patients
- Advanced regional anesthesia peripheral nerve blocks
- Neuraxial procedures including thoracic epidurals and spinals
- Inpatient postoperative pain management
- Postoperative outpatient subacute to chronic pain management
- Practice as an attending anesthesiologist in the operating room 45 days per year. Opportunity to take up to 24 in-house calls to supplement income.
1 fellow will be accepted annually for an August start date position.
Please submit the ASRA Common Application, an
updated CV, three letters of recommendation (one from program
director), a recent picture, USMLE and Specialty In-Service Scores, a
copy of Medical School Diploma. Complete applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete application packets will not be reviewed.