The 9th Annual UC San Diego Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography Review Course will take place June 3-5, 2022 in San Diego, CA and will provide an intensive review of perioperative transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) including basic echocardiography for the novice echocardiographer as well as an update on the latest echocardiographic techniques for the more advanced practitioner.
We are thrilled to be back and we look forward to meeting you in another successful UC San Diego Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography Review Course.
- Basic and Advanced Echo Review
- Porcine Dissection Workshop
- Point of Care Ultrasound (Heart/Lung and Abdomen) Workshop
- Transesophageal Echocardiography Workshop
This course is designed for general anesthesiologists, cardiothoracic anesthesiologist, intensivists, cardiologists, emergency medicine physicians, ultrasonographers, cardiothoracic surgeons and residents/fellows who are seeking to learn perioperative transesophageal echocardiography and transthoracic echocardiography. The course is particularly suited to those planning on taking either the basic or advanced Examination of Special Competence in Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography (Basic/Advanced PTEeXAM), providing an update to their knowledge on transesophageal echocardiography.
- Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Evaluate and perform a comprehensive intraoperative echo examination
- Utilize TEE/TTE as a monitoring modality during high-risk non-cardiac surgery
- Discuss the latest echocardiographic techniques
- Prepare for the Basic and Advanced PTEeXAM
- Recognize, acquire, and perform manipulation of routine 3D echocardiographic images
UC San Diego Department of Anesthesiology Our mission is to advance the art and science of anesthesiology, and to train its next generation of clinicians and scientists.
Visit the UC San Diego Department of Anesthesiology website
Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center
Established in 2011, the UC San Diego Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center is the county's first dedicated cardiovascular center. The state-of-the-art facility unites leaders in cardiovascular medicine, cardiothoracic surgery, pulmonary vascular medicine, vascular surgery, cardiovascular imaging and cardiovascular research to battle heart disease and stroke.
Through this collaborative approach to care, research discoveries move more quickly to the bedside, so that patients benefit sooner from new methods of prevention, diagnosis and treatment. Our specialists will provide services available only at the top medical centers in the nation, including:
- Pulmonary Thromboendartectomy (PTE)
- Off-Pump Coronary Bypass (OPCAB)
- Minimally Invasive Valve Replacement
- Lead Extraction (Hybrid Operating Room)
- High-Volume Interventional Cardiology
- Left Ventricular Assist Devices and Heart Transplant
Visit the Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center website