* Definition of Peer-Reviewed, Funded Research Projects for Inclusion in programs and for designation of users in shared resources: Peer review as employed by the NIH is the acceptable standard for inclusion of a cancer-related research project within a formal Program. Only research projects that are awarded based on this standard are eligible for inclusion in research programs. This includes:
- Research grants, cooperative agreements and research contracts from the NCI, including all awards with the following prefixes: R00, R01, R03, R15, R18, R21, R24, R25, R33, R35, R41, R42, R55, R56, P01 and P50 sub-projects, P20, SC1, SC2, U01, U10, U19, U54, U56, UG1, UG3, UH2, UH3, UM1, UM2, N01 research contracts and peer-reviewed, funded subcontracts of Center members participating in collaborative research. (Note: Shared Resources of multi-component grants are not eligible for inclusion)
- Components of NCI National Clinical Trials Networks (e.g., U10s, U19s).
- Individual research studies involving protocols approved by the NCI Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program (CTEP) and funded by NCI.
- Individual research studies involving prevention and control protocols approved by the NCI Cancer Control Protocol Review Committee and funded by NCI.
- Awarded cancer-related research grants, cooperative agreements, and research contracts from other institutes of the NIH (same prefixes as above).
** Research projects funded by the non-NIH organizations with peer review funding systems listed here.
*** Shared Resources: Biorepository and Tissue Technology, Biostatistics, Clinical Trials, Biobehavioral, Digital Imaging, Flow Cytometry, Genomics and Computational Biology, Microscopy, Transgenic Cores, Chemical Library Screening (@ Sanford Burnham Prebys).