Biostatistics group website.
Schedule a consulting appointment
To schedule an appointment, use these request forms:
Karen S. Messer
Professor, Department of Family Medicine and Public Health
Emily Pittman, PhD
Phone: (858) 246-1595
Mail Code 0901
Room 3037, Moores Cancer Center
- Data analysis and interpretation for Cancer Center research projects using contemporary statistical and bioinformatic methodologies
- Development and support of electronic data capture systems for investigator-initiated therapeutic clinical trials, observational studiens, patient registries and other needs
- Statistical / Bioinformatics expertise in study design, including research proposal development, sample size determination and power calculation, and analysis plans.
- Development of study-specific databases to support Cancer Center research. Develop and maintain these databases in a uniform manner.
- Methodologic research in cancer-related biostatistics and bioinformatics to support Cancer Center projects
- Education in biostatistics and bioinformatics to graduate students, oncology residents, fellows and Cancer Center investigators.
- Discussion of miscellaneous statistical questions of all types
The Biostatistics Resource collaborates on protocol and grant development, data analysis and interpretation, manuscript preparation, and database development for cancer-related research projects. As a service to its members, the Cancer Center provides this support for peer-reviewed cancer-related research with out charge, for shorter-term projects. Projects which develop into longer-term collaboration or which are used to apply for external funding will be asked to include support for the Biostatistics Resource.
We are required to recharge for service to non-Cancer Center members, longer term collaboration, or non-peer reviewed projects. Our hourly rate is $84 per hour for UC members and $200 per hour for non-UC members, and we are happy to discuss the cost of your project.
Karen Messer, PhD, Director, Biostatistics
Tony Chen, Software Programmer and Analyst
Lei Bao, PhD, Principal Statistician Bioinformatics
Charles Berry, PhD, Professor Biostatistics (Emeritus)
Sonia Jain, PhD, Professor Biostatistics
Viswanath Nandigam, MS, IT Lead
Hongying Li, PhD, Senior Statistician
Lin Liu, PhD, Principal Statistician
Loki Natarajan, PhD, Professor Biostatistics
Emily Pittman, PhD, Project Manager
Minya Pu, MS, Principal Statistician
Martha White, MS, Programmer and Data Analyst