1) Creating Scientists to Address Cancer Disparities Program:
A program to prepare community college students who are matriculating to UC San Diego or SDSU for careers in cancer disparities research: basic, behavioral, or other science major.
International Cancer Education Conference, Cleveland, Ohio, October 2017
2) Continuing Umbrella of Research Experience (CURE):
A program to attract freshmen and community college transfer students of cancer research careers.
Eight-Week Program Dates: June 25, 2018 - August 17, 2018
Salary: $3,200 ($400/week)
Plus optional travel scholarship funding for each participant to attend a scientific conference
United States Citizen or Permanent Resident and
at least one of the following three additional characteristics:
- Of African American, Hispanic American, Native American/Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander descent.
- Be from a socioeconomically disadvantaged/low-income background (e.g., participated in the National School Lunch Program).
- Neither parent/guardian graduated from a four-year US
college or university.
Program Details and Information:
(Deadline is May 20th, no more applications are being accepted).
For answers to questions not addressed, email: