A Joint Effort of UC San Diego and SDSU
1) Creating Scientists to Address Cancer Disparities Program (CSP):
A program to prepare community college students who are matriculating to UC San Diego or SDSU for careers in cancer disparities research: basic, behavioral, or other science major.
2) Continuing Umbrella of Research Experiences (CURE):
A program to attract freshmen and community college transfer students to cancer research careers.
International Cancer Education Conference,
Cleveland, Ohio, October 2017
Eight-Week Program Dates: June 24, 2019 - August 16, 2019
Salary: $3,200 ($400/week)
Plus optional travel scholarship funding so that participants can present their research at a national scientific conference.
United States Citizen or Permanent Resident and
at least one of the following three additional characteristics:
- Of African American, Hispanic American, Native American/Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander descent.
- Be from a socioeconomically disadvantaged/low-income background (e.g., participated in the National School Lunch Program).
- Neither parent/guardian graduated from a four-year US college or university.
International Cancer Education Conference
Atlanta, Georgia, September, 2018
Program Details and Information:
For answers to questions not addressed, please email: email@example.com