Immunotherapy Patient Summit in San Diego
Our 2019 Cancer Research Institute Immunotherapy Patient Summit series kicks off in San Diego on June 29, 2019.
The Summit is a free half-day Saturday event for patients, caregivers, and advocates. Attendees learn more about how new breakthroughs in immunotherapy are changing standards of care for all cancers, ask healthcare experts and cancer veterans questions directly, and network with others.
The program will be held on Saturday, June 29, begin at 10:00am, and conclude at 3:30pm. Throughout the day we offer appointments with clinical trial navigators (free and confidential). Set up an appointment in advance when you register online.
- 9:00am: Registration and networking
- 10:00am: Welcome and introduction from Cancer Research Institute staff
- 10:15am: Basics of immunotherapy presentation by Ezra Cohen, M.D. (UCSD)
- 10:45am: Latest immunotherapy research update panel discussion moderated by Aaron Miller, M.D., Ph.D. (UCSD) with
- Tanya Dorff, M.D. (City of Hope)
- Roger Lo, M.D., Ph.D. (UCLA)
- Rebecca Shatsky, M.D. (UCSD)
- 11:30am: Patient persepctive from cancer survivor, Janie Ferling, who recieved immunotherapy treatment for melanoma
- 12:00pm: Free catered lunch and networking
- 1:00pm: Demystifying clinical trials presentation
- 1:15pm: Demystifying clinical trials panel discussion with patients treated with immunotherapy
- Gordon, colorectal cancer
- Gina, non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- 2:00pm: Refreshment break
- 2:15pm: Breakout sessions for small groups of moderated discussion with expert physician-scientists on specific cancer types or general immunotherapy
- breast cancer, moderated by Rebecca Shatsky, M.D. (UCSD)
- melanoma, moderated by Roger Lo, M.D. Ph.D. (UCLA)
- prostate cancer, moderated by Tanya Dorff, M.D. (City of Hope)
- general immunotherapy, moderated by Aaron Miller, M.D., Ph.D. (UCSD)
- 3:15pm: Closing remarks
- 4:00pm: Final clinical trial navigator appointments end
Join us at UC San Diego School of Medicine, T. Denny Sanford Medical Education and Telemedicine Center, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92092 on Saturday, June 29, 2019.
Follow our Patient Summit series across the United States with the hashtag #CRISummit.