Discover drugs that have high efficacy despite disease heterogeneity and population variation (noise).
HOW DO WE DO THAT?
- One that begins by querying transcriptomic (and other 'omics datasets) datasets for invariant logical Boolean paths (from healthy to diseased cellular processes/phenotypes, e.g., epithelial to messenchymal transition).
- Then heavily assigns weight to the few invariant Boolean events (that inform the behavior of major 'agents' in cells)
- Events that can decisively regulate cell fate [live, transform, die, etc.]
- Through cooperative fundamental Boolean implications in gene expression throughout the network
- Events that are actionable (i.e., can be modulated by drugs, agonists or antagonists of targets)
- Events that can be monitored while we act on it (i.e., precise companion biomarkers).
Discovery Platform: Precise Biomarkers and Targets
Development Platform: that is geared to achieve higher success rates
HUMANOIDTM: Organoid-based Research to Model Human Diseases (UCSD IBD clinic)
- Semi-HTP Screening in
Zebrafish models of human diseases
Translation Platform: UCSD-Industry Alliance