August 25, 2016
CTI Pre-Proposals for Biotherapeutic and Small Molecule Targets
In addition, Joint Calls for Proposals with CTI-Foundation Partners in Alzheimer’s, Lupus, Crohn’s and Colitis, and Primary Immunodeficiency Research
Pre-Proposal Deadline: October 7, 2016
Below are templates for submitting proposals (biotherapeutic and small molecule targets).
Required Contents of the Pre-Proposal
Please use the following form to submit your pre-proposal and limit the content to the recommended word count. Please also include data (tables, graphs) or cartoons as appropriate. Please limit the total length of your pre-proposal to 2-3 pages. Cover page is required as the first page of the proposal. The template for the cover page can be found on the right bar of this web page. The cover page is not counted toward the page limit of the pre-proposals.
INVESTIGATOR HOSPITAL/ACADEMIC AFFILIATION:
Subject of CTI Research Project
In four sentences or less, please provide a BRIEF statement summarizing the following:
- Overall goal & impact of the mechanism
- Desired characteristics
- Patient stratification & evidence of PoM
SCIENTIFIC RATIONALE AND BACKGROUND
This section should contain:
- a brief description of the target/pathway and link to human disease and disease mechanism(s). What is/are the unmet medical need(s) this target/pathway could address? Is this pathway targetable with a biotherapeutic?
- please indicate the novelty/differentiation of this target or approach relevant to disease mechanism (if there are other treatments available, please describe why this is different – greater efficacy/safety, etc.)
- key evidence available to support the hypothesis above (i.e. human genetic, human tissue, preclinical proof of mechanism/concept models)
PROPOSED BIOTHERAPEUTIC/SMALL MOLECULE DRUG CANDIDATE
Please describe any available potential biotherapeutic molecule(s) the PI has generated against the target and its mechanism of action. If available, please describe the characteristics of said molecule (affinity, humanization, PK, etc.) (Please be sure to communicate within limits of any Intellectual Property constraints). If unavailable, please indicate the characteristics of the preferred biotherapeutic agent.
For Small molecule, list any tool compounds if available.
PROPOSED (or concept) FOR FIRST BIOLOGICAL READOUT IN CLINIC (PROOF OF MECHANISM)
Brief description of potential therapeutic indications expected to be impacted by this mechanism.
Describe the first potential clinical study to demonstrate proof of mechanism including:
- Patient stratification/selection for the study (i.e. molecular signature, SNP, genetic deficiency, etc.)
- Clinical study endpoints that would allow for testing mechanism in patients.
- Will this allow for clinical differentiation from other therapies?
RESEARCH PLAN AND REAGENTS
Provide a brief description of research plan to be carried out (objectives, specific aims) leading to demonstration of PoM. Please list the available reagents and assays to support research plan. Alternatively, please describe reagents and assays that may need to be developed, and any gaps in the plan (and how Pfizer scientists may contribute, i.e. complete mechanistic studies in vitro, develop cellular assays, discover biomarkers, etc.)
BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH OF PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
Please provide a brief bio-sketch of the PI and key publications. Attachment of NIH biosketch is acceptable.
OUT OF SCOPE
As a general rule, CTI is currently unable to accept therapeutics that are radiotherapy, nanoparticles, RNAi or vaccines in nature. In addition, there is limited opportunity to pursue HIV targeted therapies within CTI.
Please contact Mary Faris or Su-Yin Chang with any questions.