Call for Applications for Accelerating Innovations to Market (AIM) is Open!
These programs are designed to accelerate the translation of UC San Diego technologies to market and support the formation and growth of startups in the regional ecosystem.
We are working with Premier Innovation Partners EMD-Serono, Merck KGaA Darmstadt, and Takeda to provide mentoring, resources, funding, and access to partners and investors to advance ideas from labs and ultimately to scale!
Application full proposal Closes: September 30th, 2021
Info Session: August 12 2:00 - 3:00 P.M. PT Attendance Link
Application full proposal Open: June 1st, 2021
Please plan to be available for Proposal Review Panels during the first two weeks of October 2021.
Funding Announcements: October 15th, 2021
NIA Research and Entrepreneurial Development Immersion (REDI): Entrepreneurship Enhancement Award (R25 Clinical Trial Not Allowed).
Awards will promote the development of entrepreneurial education programs that are designed to broaden the skillset of graduate students and postdocs in fields relevant to the mission of NIA, including aging and Alzheimer's disease (AD) research. The goal is to prepare trainees for a wide range of career paths, including those that are outside the normal research environment. Proposed activities may include courses, workshops, and internships pertaining to entrepreneurship, product development, and commercialization. Examples include courses in the field of entrepreneurship as well as complementary fields, including, but not limited to, scientific communications; technology transfer; science policy; drug development; regulatory affairs; corporate and venture finance; marketing; business development; and research administration.
- There is a single deadline of Oct 4, 2021, with an earliest start date of July 2022
- Budgets are limited to $750K/5y in direct costs (max $150K/y)
- The target audience is graduate students and postdocs; however, programs can also be offered to faculty and undergraduates
- Activities may be proposed to augment existing T32 programs
- Applicants are encouraged to collaborate with scientific and business departments, and include internship or shadowing opportunities related to commercialization
- Applicants are encouraged to partner with existing federally funded resources, including CTSAs, NSF I-Corps, etc
- There is no limit on the number of applications an institution may submit
- This program includes a companion K01 opportunity for experienced postdocs and newly appointed faculty
- Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the NIA Training Office early to discuss applications (see FOA below for contacts)
For complete details, please view RFA-AG-22-003
As part of UC San Diego Altman Clinical and Translational Research Institute (ACTRI), the KL2 grant mechanism is an institutional equivalent of a K23, K01, or K08 award for junior faculty. The KL2 also provides didactic opportunities through ACTRI's CREST program and a mentored research experience. Successful applicants will receive up to three years of support pending good progress.
Applications due February 25, 2022. Download the Funding Opportunity Announcement
For more detailed information, see the KL2 website.