The Community Advisory Board meets quarterly to
- Advocate before the CTRI on behalf of the general public on issues related to clinical research
- Prioritize the Alliance's activities and address any mismatch between demand for services and capacity
- Oversee CTRI interactions with the community, including public focus groups to discuss subject recruitment experiences
- Recommend changes to clinical trials research strategies
- Assist the Alliance with access to specific communities that are not adequately represented in outreach, UCSD research, or other CTRI resources
- Represent community physicians, educators, and organizations on the CTRI Steering Committee.