To request access for Velos Application:
- Go to the ACTRI Website https://actri.ucsd.edu/Pages/ctri-request-form.aspx
- Select "Biomedical Informatics"
- Select "Velos Access"
- Fill out the requested fields: Division, User Info and PI Info
- Click "Submit"
- Upon clicking "Submit", a notification will be sent to the Application Support Team. We will process your request and send the access form to the user and PI via DocuSign. Once signed, the Application Support team will verify you have attended training, then create your access and notify you.
Velos CRB Training
The Application Support Team conducts detailed in-depth hands-on training sessions twice a month. During these sessions, the instructor reviews the following:
- What is a Coverage Analysis and Velos’s role in the CA process?
- How to navigate the Velos application
- How to register patients to a research study
- How to apply patient statuses in the appropriate order
- How to assign a patient to a study calendar
- How to validate study events within a visit
- Review billing modifiers and various events statuses
- How to add an unscheduled event to a visit
- How to move patients from one calendar to another
- How to run reports
Who Should Attend Training Sessions?
It is mandatory that all new users attend a training session. Once they have attended a training session and submitted a completed and signed access request form, they will be granted access to the Velos Application. In addition, active Velos users are encouraged to attend additional training session if they need a refresher.
How to Reserve a Space for Training
To reserve a space for the Velos CRB Training, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Upcoming training schedule is available on the Velos Wiki.
Upon being granted Velos access, the Velos CRB training manuals are accessible when logged into the Velos application. To access the manuals, simply click on the question mark (?) icon in the upper right corner of the application. You can also access the Velos Wiki to view and download these training manuals and to view the training videos.
The Application Support team also offers custom trainings tailored to your study needs: eSampling, budgeting, reporting. Contact us at email@example.com if you’re interested in training beyond the standard Velos CRB training.
For any other questions regarding Velos training please contact the Application Support Team or phone (858) 534-0555.